1) Contact the parish office as early as possible to make a pre-marital meeting appointment.
2) Live a sacramental life prior to marriage (weekly Eucharist, regular confession) built on a foundation of daily prayer (at least fifteen minutes each day).
After the first meeting
1) Make an appointment for a second meeting.
2) If required bring your baptismal certificates to the second meeting.
6 months before the ceremony:
1) Meet for the second time.
3) Complete the Fully Engaged questionnaire you receive via e-mail.
4) Read and complete the Fully Engaged couple's workbooks you received at the second meeting.
5) Begin meeting with your sponsor couple. The priest will assign a sponsor couple to work with the engaged couple. The sponsor couple helps prepare couples for marriage and nurture conversation about Catholic identity and the sacramental nature of marriage.
5 months before the ceremony:
1) Find a musician and use the guidelines to select music.
2) Discern 3 possible choices for each reading.
3 months before the ceremony:
1) Complete the Wedding Planning Sheet
2) Memorize your marriage vows and exchange of rings
3) Make an appointment for a third meeting
2 months before the ceremony:
1) Complete the Liturgy of the Word Sheet.
1 month before the ceremony:
1) Meet for the third time.
2) Bring a completed
-Marriage Preparation Course Completion Certificate
3) Go to the courthouse and apply for a Marriage License (at least one week prior to the ceremony).